Monday 5 June 2017

Walking and a 100 words for potatoes

Sam and I mapped out a new route. He got up early and very excited to try it. Note new walking boots are on. He was fixated with the potato crop. This lead to a potato fuelled week. He's telling me all about potatoes here. How much he likes them, how many he would grow and what he would do to sell the extra ones and reinvest the money.


Back home after breakfast he worked on his maths. We are trudging our way through multiple factors and cubed numbers. It's taking some doing!


Afterwards we looked at more science lessons.


When Owen joined us, we tried to do some more work on cubed numbers and factor trees. We are all struggling and it got a bit frustrating for us all at times. 


Owen then learnt about how blind people perceive the work in mystery science.



Meanwhile Sam decided to study Japanese whilst watching Manga.


Followed by him writing 'potato' in as many languages he could think of.



Guess what he wanted for lunch...mashed potato! Thankfully Owen was keen too because I had some liver to go with it and it's his favourite food at the moment.

More potatoe words.


I walked in the rain the next day, alone, without potato boy.


More cubed roots and we seem to be winning.


Owen then wanted to do an English assessment he had found online. 




Sam then worked well in cubed numbers and factor trees.


He saw Owen finishing his English assessment and wanted to see how he faired. They got the same score lol.


Another language for potato ..aboriginal this time. 


I needed a nap, so Shadow joined me. The boys worked on their own projects.


I cleaned the kitchen. We made cookies...I cleaned the kitchen again....


Had a nice walk round the village and just about managed to dodge the showers.


I had a neuro appointment so my parents came over to look after the children. They took them for lunch to the village pub. We saw the neurologist, he mentioned upping my meds but I reiterated I can't function on them week at high doses. Good news is he thinks I haven't developed epilepsy so has cleared em to drive. His opinion is that I am exhausted and mentally tired, so my brain is shorting out, as it were..I refer to them as brain farts. 

Saturday we went to Stafford and had a mooch round. Over the weekend we had friends over and played at the park. We also took the Bus for its MOT and it passed. I has some jobs as advisories so Blokey is obtaining parts to work through those tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment