Thursday 20 July 2017

London, Cluster headaches and beyond.

Blokey dropped me off at the station to meet my Scottish friends. We are all Cluster headache sufferers and had made plans to attend the conference in London. I was really looking forward to spending time with them and we booked into the same hotel. 


The conference was very informative and we all had an excellent time. As we were there for a couple of nights we enjoyed walking round London and just chatting and hanging out together. It was a fantastic experience. I took photos for the buildings and graffiti for the children too.


My buddies who looked after me really well.


Spitalfields  market entrance.



When I arrived home I was bombarded with questions so had to hit the ground running. Blokey had taken the boys to see the new Spider-Man film and they had played games and gone to the park in my absence. Both boys had also seen the new Cars film whilst they stayed at his Mum and Dads house for the night.

Sam was keen to come running with me at the first opportunity. So we did that early before Blokey returned to work.


Not long after this photo I felt really ill with a number of cluster attacks coming hard and fast. The children helped out and worked on their own projects whilst I tried to carry on the best I could. Later they attended their jujitsu course.

Owen struggled to make it to across the landing the next day.....lol



Sam worked on his maths, here he is working out time differences. He struggled initially but I gave him some tips and he flew through it in the end.



Next he converted grams, tonnes and kilos.



Owen decided to work on his English. So we happily left Pilgrims progress and looked at The Borrowers.
Owen wanted to be 'teacher' first.


Then he practiced his writing.


We then reversed roles and looked at another passage from the Borrowers. I went off upstairs whilst Owen practiced some more writing and came down to find he'd done some really good work. He was secretly pleased, but obviously tried not to show it. 


We have also been concentrating on life skills this week. The boy's have, with varying degrees of enthusiasm, been helping with the household jobs. Sam really gets into it but Owen obviously believes I am some sort of slave mistress.

Despite this, when I was stripping the beds they both offered to help. So I showed them how to change their duvet and pillowcases. We are really winding down for the Summer now. The schools break up next week here and I know the boys will want to be out playing with their friends as much as possible. I will try and hold them to some sort of morning routine, mainly so they don't regress on skills and also because it's so much harder for them to get back in to our routine if I don't. But as with all things, a lot I will be playing by ear depending on their particular needs.

Both boys have decided to do a charity run for the Autism Society. Sam is keen to get going but I am not sure Owen has grasped he actually has to do the work yet! 



The children played with friends online and at the park, they are excited that their school friends are finishing for the summer holidays.

Sam came for a walk.



Then we went to Beeston Castle. It has a rich history and there is a display of some of the finds from the site.




Book headed child.





Walking up to the castle ruins.


Owen doing a spot of Parkour on the way.



There were many steps, as it's very high up!


Half way up and the views are stunning.


The first gate tower and outer wall.



We stopped frequently to admire the views. Despite it being incredibly windy and wet, we could, still see for miles.


The upper castle with scary bridge ..Sam makes blinkers with his hands. Owen is letting me take his photo today, so it actually looks like we have twins!



At the inner gate with the wind blowing us.



More fabulous views..Blokey hanging on to his hat! 


Owen quoting Titanic.


Posing on the walls in the wind.



The freaky bridge..


We even saw a Red Tailed Queen Bee.


Sam was out with me the next day again, we had some sunshine.


Most of the weekend was taken up with friends, the park and Blokey and I doing chores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment