Monday 10 July 2017

Back home

Sam came for a walk ( and talked my ears off) .





Then we all pootled over to see my parents and went out for lunch.








The following day some friends came to visit in the morning and the children went to jujitsu class in the evening. I spent most of the afternoon trying to pin them down about birthday presents. They do not understand that things need planning in advance, so it all got rather fraught..decision making not being their strong point. In the end it all got too much and I decided I would leave it and arrange things myself the best I can.

I went for a walk early before Brian returned to work.


Sam came with me and we jogged.





Whilst I showered he did some writing practice on his own and wrote about a potato.


I sat and helped him through his maths.

 
Owen did some English work. We looked at Pilgrims progress. We both decided it wasn't a book we fancied much. 

After working on his reading and comprehension, Owen practiced his writing. It's proving very hard to get him back into his routine and he's not motivated at all.


 I shuffled things around and let him do the comprehension as a teacher asking me questions ..he enjoyed that far more.
'full sentence answers please MUM!'


He then worked on order of operations



Our normal meet up was cancelled, so we headed to the park to lay with friends and go in the exercise machines.





Sam is up early the next morning and gets on with his work straight after breakfast. He has some other things he wasn't to do, so is keen to get the 'formal' stuff out of the way.



Even so, once started, he enjoys himself and sets himself more tasks.


Owen finds writing much harder so we looked at maths and he did an extra session.



Life skills.


The boys then went for an overnight stay at Brian's parents. Blokey is off work because I have some official stuff to do and we are going out to Manchester to try the Comedy Club for the first time. Our friends are coming with us, so we are quite excited.

We went into town and had ouch on our own, then had a brilliant evening in Manchester. 


No comments:

Post a Comment