Sunday 21 June 2015

Maps, Minecraft, tie dye and fractions



We met up with friends today..believe me it was an achievement us just getting there, me not the children...I am all over the place! One of our friends showed the boys how to play chess and they loved it.

We also managed to do a tie dye activity and play in the park. 
More Dr Who was watched and Owen built a roller coaster with Friends online.





Owen drew runes and robots



The boys devised online quizzes for each other whilst I made calls and did paperwork. Sam watered the dog..I mean garden *coughs*



Then we played pizza fraction bingo. We then do our own thing in the afternoon because the children are off to Jujitsu later. I must remember to buy new Gi's for them, the seem to be having a tremendous growth spurt.




Despite my general crapness we made more bread ( where the hell are they putting it all ..must be a growth spurt) and I managed to get my head together to enjoy a meet up with friends. It was made extra special because we saw some people we have been missing a great deal. The children had a wonderful afternoon. Back home for meatballs and noodles, Dr Who, cuddles and chats. Bedtime was a long process but this was because the children wanted to list all the good things about the day...the list was long. So no matter how crappy I feel, my spirits are alway buoyed up by their happiness and giggles. This parenting business is not easy, there is no manual, but these two little people light up my world.


Painting to the back ground music ( Owen' choice) of The Eye of the Tiger, Foo Fighters and Def Leopard ...I between air guitar moves and passing the mike ( felt tipped pens ) to each other for solos we made these.


Sam taught me how to play chess and thrashed me.
More painting




An easy, do as we please day today because I needed to throw a sickie and sit by my 02 tank. Blokey brought fish and chips home and we watched Dr Who and played games together.


Owen and Sam did collaborative builds on Minecraft and played with friends. 



The next day it rained constantly so Blokey replaced a hard drive and set a new Minecraft server up for the boys. Owen had finally been white listed on to another home ed server and I got an excited stream of consciousness:
Owen: it's fabulous...enderdragon riding blah blah, into space blah blah..do so many new things blah blah ..loads of new friends ...ramble.
Me: that's lovely sweetheart.
Owen: more indecipherable chattering as he runs back upstairs.
We could hear hoots of laughter from Sam whilst he made new friends and played happily. He didn't need much input from me today but we enjoyed lunch together and a roast dinner in the evening. Both boys read a great deal too.
There was Dr Who and some logic games and a lot of tired out sitting down and resting from me.

We gave Blokey his 'farters' ( hilarious misspell on the card from Owen) day cards and present at breakfast.
Then Sam and Blokey went swimming and to the DIY shop having time together. I spent some 1:1 time playing on the Wii. He whipped me at both tennis and boxing but I pulled off a last minute win in baseball....despite him running in front of me and talking non stop to put me off my swing..*chortle*

We all had lunch and Blokey uploaded a map the boys had been asking for
And they invited some friends onto their server to play.

Later the menfolk went to the cinema to see Jurassic World, so I had a quiet few hours. I managed to get quite a lot of jobs done but am still a bit fragile and over did it this morning...which I am paying for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment