Monday 20 February 2017

Half term

We never used to observe school holidays, unless it was to avoid busy places! These days, having more children around us, I tend to scale down in house activities to allow them to play outdoors with their friends.

Before lunch Sam and Owen worked on some strategies using Roblox and Lego Star Wars. Then their friends called round and Sam disappeared off outside. Blokey was doing more work on the camper bus and Owen was building online with one of his home ed friends. 

I went running with Sam and we saw the sun rise.



Back home I sorted  the shopping, washing and breakfast. Meanwhile, Sam did some maths. Then we watched Mythbusters together. It was 'Penny Drop' and 'Microwave madness'.




Owen surfaced halfway through Mythbusters. When the programme had finished, Sam decided to call for his friend .

Owen and I went on to watch a new programme called the White Rabbit Project. It was hilarious and informative, we laughed all the way through it.


He then worked on some maths.


And we joked around.

I was doing the family budget on my iPad and he was laughing at my serious face.


After maths Owen went to play online with his friend.


We watched more White Rabbit Project. This one was about Great Escapes.



Because the family escaped from East Berlin, I explained to the boys about the political situation. We have a friend from what was then East Berlin and I visited the city a year before the wall was dismantled.
So we looked at some footage and learnt a bit more about what happened in the 1980's.


The next day we did some maths and Owen achieved his next certificate. 

Sam told me he's finding some of his new sessions hard, so I have said I will sit through his next attempt to see if I can explain better. 

He's still making progress, but some of the new ways the questions are phrased seem to be throwing him.



The boys then completed their Lego Star Wars game. Sam went to play but all his friends were out. So we walked to the Post Office and sent Grandads birthday present to him. It was such a massive change in weather after Storm Doris . We looked at the damage to the local trees and enjoyed the sunshine.

Back home Owen played online with his friend, they like to do build on either Roblox or Minecraft and enter competitions.

We watched Manga and later Sam played out with his friends. In the evening we all tried new types of Indian food and went to bed with full tummies.

Sam and I went for a run.



His ADHD was very much in evidence so I tried, and faile, to tire him out with more exercises at the park.



Later we went into Stafford, firstly to watch The Great Wall film...which was awesome!


Then we went to the Chinese Doctor to see if acupuncture may help Blokeys bad back.

The next day consisted of chess games, Roblox, Manga, playing at the park and Blokey working on the camper. He could only manage a little bit because of his chronic back pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment